Management / Executive Committee
The organization of the various activities at Masjid Al-Qudus, Katuuso is coordinated through a number of committees. Each of the committees is composed of a number of dedicated volunteers from within the Konge-Katuuso-Buziga community.
These are; The Management / Executive Committee, Youth Committee, Women Committee and the Construction Committee.
Volunteers to be part of any of these committees are always needed and welcome. Please use the contact page, or contact the committee secretary should you wish to volunteer, or have any suggestions regarding the activities coordinated through these committees.
From the Masjid Constitution, the Management Committee (also known as the Executive Committee) is elected by the Muslim community, comprising of the following members:
- The Chairman
- The Vice Chairman
- The Secretary
- The Treasurer
- The In-charge of women affairs
- The In-charge of youth affairs
- The In-charge of Development affairs
- The In-charge of welfare affairs
- The In-charge of publicity affairs.
- The Advisor (An elder of the Muslim community).
The Imam is an ex-officio, that is to say, he is part of this this committee by virtue of holding the office of the Imaam. At least one of the members should have served on the previous committee.
The Functions of this Management Committee are:
- Executing the administration and legislation of the mosque
- Supervising and protecting the mosque
- Protecting the sanctity of the mosque and keeping peace and order intact in the area of the mosque
- Taking care for the up keeping of the memory of Hajji Kakande Gava who donated the land and initiated the building of the mosque.
- Define, determine and streamline the aims, objectives and programmes of the mosque
- Appoint workers and such committees to facilitate the functions of the mosque
- Establish, support and act as managers of the mosque
- Accepting, collecting and realizing income or money due from the mosque properties
- Accepting money and gifts for the upkeep of the mosque and solicit funds locally and internationally for the well being of the mosque
- Spending or using any money donated to the mosque according to the wishes of the donor.
- Open up and operate bank accounts with any bank or financial institutions on behalf of the mosque.
- Acquire movable and immovable properties
- Inspire the spirit of enterprise, self esteem, self reliance, community service and fraternal living
- Appoint the imam/ deputy together with other employees
- Carry out any other functions the committee may deem to be within its powers in consultation with the Muslim community
The Management Committee is mandated to follow the Islamic principles when exercising powers and performing duties under this constitution. In case of using or spending anything donated, funds or articles, it shall be spent according to Islamic principles. Any expenditure from the mosque funds, must be in conformity with Islamic principles and that any properties of the mosque funds, must be in conformity with Islamic principles.
All members of the Management Committee shall be in office for a term of one year and/but can be reappointed.
The current Management Committee is the third of its kind since the founding of Masjid Al-Qudus, Katuuso. It was elected in 2014 and has been in existence to date.