Marriage (Nikka) Services
Family life is the building block of a successful society, and marriage is an occasion of great joy in the Muslim community. Masjid Al-Qudus, Katuuso offers marriage and pre-marriage counseling services.
The Mosque facilitates the solemnisation of an Islamic contract of marriage. The newly-married couple is provided with an official 'Nikah' certificate from Uganda Muslim Supreme Council to show they have been married according to Islamic Law.
The following Requirements must be fulfilled.
- Mutual agreement and consent of the groom and the bride. Both must explicitly express there interests to marry each other.
- Two witneses of sound mind from the groom’s side
- The consent of the bride's guardian (Wali) and his presence, or that of his representative (Wakeel)
- You need valid Identification cards
- Mahr(bride gift) paid by the groom to the bride
- 3 (Three) passport photos of both the bride and groom
- Certificate of Medical Blood Examination
Procedures for getting married at Masjid Al-Qudus:
Download and complete the Bride and Groom Information Forms (below) and submit them to the imam one week prior to your scheduled marriage date. The forms must be submitted in person and proper ID must be presented.
The information provided on the forms will be what will appear on the marriage certificate. You can download and print them below or pick them up at Masjid Al-Qudus' administration office.